Week 3 weigh-in: Actually, I’m going to count it from last Saturday, because I gained 2.2 lbs. between Friday and Saturday due to my anniversary and having 2 meals at restaurants on Friday. I am down 4.2 lbs. for the week! (meaning I stayed exactly the same this morning as I was yesterday.)
Technically, that’s down 2.0 from last fRIDAY’S weigh in, but since I had such a big bump up the very next day, I’m doing a six day weigh-in. LOL
MY GOALS FOR THIS COMING WEEK:
1. survive the Halloween breakfast potluck at work today. I brought a potatoes dish, which at most I’ll have 1 small scoop of. I plan to mostly focus on the authentic Mexican chorizo and scrambled eggs dish. There will be a waffle bar with all the toppings, and all other kinds of shit/sweet stuff that I have no intention of touching. I will IF through lunch; no Friday lunch out today. Dinner will be the end of the tri tip and veggies.
2. the rest of the week should be a piece of cake. Going to Comi-Caze tomorrow (Stan Lee’s version of Comic Con) and we’ll eat out lunch, but I’ve got that down pat no matter where we end up. No other meals out planned between now and next Friday’s weigh-in, so
3. I’d like to lose 1.5-2 lbs. by next Friday.
How did YOU do? What are YOUR goals for the coming week, to make it better than this week?
PLEASE NOTE I MADE NO MENTION OF HALLOWEEN OR HALLOWEEN CANDY.
Why? Because you couldn’t FORCE me to eat candy/Halloween candy. Not even today/tonight. I’ll be handing out plenty of candy tonight (I haven’t looked for the bags, so I don’t know what my hubby bought)…enjoying scaring the little kids (see below)…and enjoying their costumes, and the sounds of Halloween…everything but the candy.
Why? Besides wanting to continue to lose a few more pounds?
Because I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP TOMORROW FEELING GUILTY….DEALING WITH REGRET.
If I had even ONE candy bar, ‘fun size’ or otherwise, there would be regret in the morning. A LOT OF THAT.
No siree. Not for me.
This is a CANDY-FREE HALLOWEEN FOR GWEN.
Also, a little BLOG HOUSEKEEPING:
I’ve altered a few things around here in the past few days:
1. cleaned up the header, made it smaller.
2. changed my navigation/menu bar. Please note the additions of:
- my Mantra
- my Anti-snacking affirmations
3. speaking of which, I’ve purposely added those two to “The Right Questions” and “Primal Primer” to the menu bar because I consider them great help to me in my mission to not only lose weight and get healthier, but in MAINTAINING that status. If it can help an old broad like me, it / they can help you, too!
Now, go out there and have a fun Halloween! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO HAVE A FUN HALLOWEEN WITHOUT EATING CANDY.
In case you don’t know who I ‘am’, I’m Helena from Orphan Black. The CRAY CRAY clone. Here is a video of her best scene. Please keep in mind that the SAME actress plays ALL EIGHT (and counting) clones. She’s amazing, particularly in this scene!
Have a happy, SANE (CANDY WISE) HALLOWEEN!